My eggplant primavera recipe is perfect when time is of the essence, but you still want a healthy dinner. It's a lower calorie version of pasta primavera.
- 1 large eggplant cut in thin slices and then quartered
- 1 head of broccoli cut to small florets
- ½ a white or red onion sliced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 large red bell pepper sliced
- 1 15 fl oz jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 10 ounces chicken breast, boneless skinless cubed
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
In a large skillet with 2 teaspoons olive oil, sauté the eggplant, onion, broccoli, mushrooms, and red pepper. season with a little of the garlic salt and the pepper. Sauté until the veggies are a little tender and the eggplant looks partially translucent.
While the veggies are sautéing, in a small skillet sauté the chicken with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and the rest of the garlic salt. Cook until cooked through, but don’t over cook or it will be dry.
Heat the pasta sauce in a sauce pan or the microwave.
Once everything is cooked/ heated, place ¼ of the veggie and eggplant mixture in a pasta bowl. Top with ¼ of the chicken, pasta sauce, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 6g | Fiber: 8g