Protein Breakfast Bar
By Ted KallmyerUpdated August 21, 2022
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day but we don’t all have the luxury of time in the morning to sit down and have a big nutritious breakfast. These protein breakfast bars are the perfect grab and go breakfast option for busy people.
These breakfast bars are made with all whole foods and are perfect for keeping to full until lunch with slow releasing energy. The recipe included a protein powder, I’ve used Protein World Slender blend in Vanilla, but you can swap it out for any plain or vanilla protein of your choice.
The recipe makes around 12 bars, so I like to make these up in batches and freeze them to use another time.
Protein Breakfast Snack Bars
A grab and go snack bar perfect for breakfast, packed with nutritious ingredients, protein and slow release energy to get you through the day.
- 2 1/2 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1 Serving Protein Powder (30g)
- 1/3 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Agave Nectar
- 1 Cup Milk Of your choice
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cup Dates Chopped
- 1 Tsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Tsp Ground Flaxseed
- Preheat oven to 190 C
- Mix all ingredients well in a bowl using a wooden spoon.
- Transfer batter into a lined baking tin ensuring an even layer of batter is filling the tin.
- Bake for 20 mins until the top is golden brown.
- Slice into 12 bar shapes while still in the tin and allow to cool for 5mins before transferring the bars to a cooling tray.
Calories: 146kcal | Carbohydrates: 20.4g | Protein: 6.5g | Fat: 4.6g | Saturated Fat: 1.9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.8g | Cholesterol: 27.5mg | Sodium: 49.9mg | Potassium: 85.3mg | Fiber: 3.5g | Sugar: 7.9g | Vitamin A: 35IU | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1.1mg