Breakfast Burrito Bowl Recipe: Meal Prep Style
Here’s a tasty protein-packed breakfast recipe from my Meal Prep Cookbook for Men.
It combines all the great flavors you love in a breakfast burrito but is more macro-friendly since most breakfasts burritos tend to be fat dominant.
I won’t waste your time with origin stories of breakfast burritos or stories of every time I’ve had a breakfast burrito and what I was wearing… Here’s the recipe.
Breakfast Burrito Bowls
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 small yellow squash cubed
- 5 mini sweet peppers thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups egg whites
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 5 precooked turkey sausage patties crumbled
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 1/4 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 28 baked tortilla chips, crumbled
- 1/2 cup cilantro, lightly chopped (optional)
- hot sauce (optional)
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Add the squash, peppers, and onion, and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
- While the squash and onion are cooking, in a medium bowl beat the whole eggs with the egg whites and the taco seasoning
- Add the crumbled sausage and the spinach to the skillet and cook until the sausage is heated through and the spinach starts to wilt.
- Add the eggs to the skillet and combine with the other ingredients. Stir gently every 30 seconds until the eggs are firm and the mixture no longer looks wet, about 10 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into 5 equal portions among your single compartment prep containers. Top each portion with ¼ cup cheese, crumbled tortilla chips, fresh cilantro, and/or hot sauce, if desired, to taste. Seal and refrigerate until needed.
This recipe is provided courtesy of The Meal Prep Cookbook for Men where you can find 6 weeks of meal preps and 75 great recipes in total.
In the book, I also teach you how to be an efficient and effective meal prepper.
It’s available on Amazon in both paperback and Kindle versions.