Fresh and Healthy Caprese Salad Recipe
If it’s late Summer where you live and tomatoes are in an abundance, this Caprese Salad Recipe is a great way to use them in a healthy and delicious way.
This recipe comes courtesy of my new book, Meal Prep Cookbook for Men.
Even if it’s not Summer, Caprese Salad is a fresh and aromatic side dish to accompany any meal or to just have as a healthy snack.
This recipe is designed to be used as a meal prep but it can be used for a family dinner or Summer BBQ as well.
- 16 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese 2% fat
- 1/2 cup fresh basil lightly chopped
- 16 ounces ripe cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 tablespoons balsamic reduction preprepared
- In a medium mixing bowl, place the mozzarella, basil, cherry tomatoes, and salt. Gently stir all the ingredients.
- Divide the salad among 5 prep containers and then drizzle the balsamic evenly over each. (Serve in a big bowl if using it for a family dinner or party. )
- Seal and store in the fridge until needed.