Fresh and Healthy Caprese Salad Recipe
If it’s late Summer where you live and tomatoes are in an abundance, this Caprese Salad Recipe is a great way to use them in a healthy and delicious way.
This recipe comes courtesy of my new book, Meal Prep Cookbook for Men.
Even if it’s not Summer, Caprese Salad is a fresh and aromatic side dish to accompany any meal or to just have as a healthy snack.
This recipe is designed to be used as a meal prep but it can be used for a family dinner or Summer BBQ as well.
- 16 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese 2% fat
- 1/2 cup fresh basil lightly chopped
- 16 ounces ripe cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 tablespoons balsamic reduction preprepared
- In a medium mixing bowl, place the mozzarella, basil, cherry tomatoes, and salt. Gently stir all the ingredients.
- Divide the salad among 5 prep containers and then drizzle the balsamic evenly over each. (Serve in a big bowl if using it for a family dinner or party. )
- Seal and store in the fridge until needed.
This recipe and 74 other tasty recipes are included in my Meal Prep Cookbook for men available in paperback and Kindle versions on Amazon here.
Meal prep is a great way to keep you on track with your fitness goals especially if your schedule makes it hard to cook healthy meals throughout the workweek. Although this cookbook is marketed to men, anyone can use it by just adjusting the serving sizes.