Top 15 Healthy Carb, Protein, and Fat Rich Foods
You ditched processed foods, so now what?
Choosing the right food is half the battle when learning to eat healthy and here are 75 great suggestions on what to eat instead.
These healthy carbohydrate, protein, and fat rich foods will help you to achieve your weight loss, muscle building, and healthy eating goals.
These are helpful since many of you are tracking your macros instead of just calories.
Choosing foods in each of the three groups can help you get the correct macro amounts you need.
Carbohydrate Rich Foods
15 Starchy or Complex Carb Foods
- Oatmeal (old fashioned or Steel Cut)
- Yams (almost same as sweet potatoes)
- Brown rice (love basmati, a long grain rice)
- Sweet potatoes
- Multi grain hot cereal (mix or barley, oats, rye, triticale, and a few others)
- White potatoes with skin (glycemic index be damned!)
- 100% whole wheat bread
- 100% whole wheat pasta
- Beans and lentils (great for healthy chili recipes)
- Cream of rice hot cereal
- Butternut squash
- Fresh beets
15 Carb Rich Fruits
- Black berries
- Acai berries
15 Vegetables Lower in Carbs but high in Nutrients
- Salad greens
- Peppers (green and red)
- Green beans
Find out how to get our helpful 100+ item macro food list. Lists macro counts and seperates foods by macro purity.
Top 15 Protein Rich Foods
- Whey protein (protein powder supplement)
- Chicken breast
- Salmon (wild Alaskan)
- Turkey breast
- Canned tuna (solid white)
- Nuts (walnut, almonds, pecans)
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Top round steak (grass fed beef)
- Flank steak (grass fed beef)
- Cod fish
- Greek yogurt
- Rainbow trout
See also: Do you Eat Too Much Meat?
15 Healthy Fat Sources
- Olive oil
- Avocado (see our delicious avocado ice cream recipe)
- Virgin coconut oil
- Salmon (wild caught)
- Clarified butter
- Ripe olives
- Peanut oil
- Hemp seed oil
- Dark chocolate
What About Fiber?
Luckily when you choose the foods in the healthy carb category, they also supply your body with more than enough fiber both soluble and insoluble. Just focus on eating a variety of vegetables and fruit with some complex carbs added in each day.
These lists certainly aren’t definitive but they can be a great guide for those trying to clean up their diets, remove processed foods, and satisfy their daily macro amounts.
Do you have any additions to the above lists?
You'll Love Our Programs
Step-by-step ebooks, or fully customized personal coaching. Let us help you succeed!